20150811

Bad Life Choice #52: Voluntary Amputation

Sometimes I regret all the bad choices I have made in life, even though I didn't see better alternatives at the time. Then I thought of that guy who cut off his own arm to save his life. Under normal circumstances, spontaneously amputating your own limbs would be classified as a Bad Life Choice. But for this guy, it's probably the best decision he ever made. I bet he never goes around wishing he hadn't cut off his arm.

Then there are those people who want to be amputated for no apparent reason.

I don't know where I'm going with this except that I hope I am more like Aron Ralston and less like sufferers of BIID. Because sometimes cutting off your own arm is the only way to get unstuck. But sometimes it's just going to make it really hard to play the accordion.

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? That guy makes a killing. The school I worked at paid that dude 80,000 American dollars to talk about self harming or living. I was in shock from the amount of money they let rain upon his head and stump area. It kind of made me wish I lost an arm to bullying. I'd learn to play the accordion with my feet for that kind of money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See what I mean? Good life decision for him. Somehow I don't think anyone will pay me $80,000 to do anything, limbs or no limbs.

      Hey, maybe foot-accordion-playing is your true calling...

      Delete