20151004

At least he used the magic word... mom taught him well.

I'm not sure why this is happening, but it seems that the older I get, the younger the men I attract. This was a record, though. After church service, this scrawny kid walked up to me and wordlessly handed me a note. I took it and read: My name is Carter. My number is ###-###-####. Really? Cute! I wasn't sure how to respond. I didn't have any paper, so I just used the speaking-words. I believe "um... I'm old" are the specific words that came out of my mouth. I asked him if he was in college and he said no, but he's twenty-one. Twenty-one! He handed me another note: Can I please have your number? Sparing him the horror of my age number, I nonetheless insisted that my phone number was not a thing he wanted, and he left.

Awkward enough... then his mom showed up and wanted the scoop! She assured me that he was a sweet boy but was going down a wayward path, so when he calls me I should just try to get him back on track. I explained that her son was ten years my junior but didn't have the heart to tell her that I wouldn't be exhorting him because I didn't actually give him my number.

People, I have visible gray hair. I don't know if I need to dress differently or what.

2 comments:

  1. How did I miss this one?? My husband is seven years younger than me and we get along great! You should try it sometime! They're still young enough that they want sex and they're willing to do all the work. You'll never have to lift a vagina again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be because I didn't have internet for like a month and now I'm backdating all my entries that never made it to publication, lol.

      Yeah, I'm open to a younger man, but maybe one that isn't mute.

      Delete