20180211

Standards


The problem with being single for a decade (and counting) longer than planned is that your standards are forced to go down right when they should really be going up. You're finally smart enough to know exactly how you deserve to be treated and filter out all the unworthy types of guys you would have dated when you were younger... except now the filtering has been done for you and then some.

If I wanted to marry riffraff, I could have done that right away. I didn't wait this long just for someone's leftovers and their three bratty kids.

New strategy: The most expensive face cream I can afford and a newfound interest in hanging out on college campuses. Legal is legal.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be the first to leave a comment!
    Maybe I can marry the WAY older brother (or dad) of one of the college "men" you meet. :) My standards only allow me to go about 5 years below my age, up to 10 years over my age.
    Other requirements: preferably at least 6 feet tall, must love Jesus more than he loves me, not a gamer, speaks some English, and needs to have a job.
    Too picky? Life says "yes!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha too picky, Allie! Why do you allow a greater upper age gap than lower? Just curious.

      Delete
  2. 16 years and counting ...

    Oddly I have the same age preferences. 10 years older because they are a bunch of babies that want women way younger than they are. 5 years younger because any younger and they would be too much like children by comparison.

    Yes, I may be single the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you don't want a child, but you don't mind being the child?

      Delete