20210503

How the Job Search Is Going

My job search so far:

  • One recruiter sent a message to all applicants, exposing our competition's identities and contact information to each other.
  • A temp agency that used to call me with jobs called me with candidates instead. I feel like I'm moving up in the world. Also, if I need to fall back on them for work, I already know who my competition is.
  • 90% of recruiters ghosted me, one after four interviews, including a case study that I spent hours preparing for.
  • "When you start you'll just be putting out fires." Points for honesty?
  • One interviewer told me I would actually be logging in to Salesforce and sharing my screen and that the interview would be recorded. The amount of notice I had about these details: None.
  • One interviewer did not say words. I wasn't sure if he wanted me to conduct the interview or what. I inexplicably tortured myself with a second interview with him, during which he was again mysteriously mute unless he was giving a one-word answer to the questions I felt compelled to fill the silence with.

To be fair:

  • I told one interviewer I don't like their products.
  • I may have been kinda high during a morning interview.
  • I joined a Zoom interview with a giant pair of underwear as my background.

No comments:

Post a Comment