20201127

My weekend going like

Every once in awhile I play with the idea of trying online dating, but a brief browse through guys in my area squashes that idea every time. Match is offering me Luke, who introduces himself by assuring me, "I have a full-time job, car and my own place." Like he knows his competition and exactly how little it takes to beat them.

Practically every other guy they show me has the same first name as my ex, to the point that I start to wonder if I accidentally specified that I'm looking for men between 32-42 named Eric.

Alec couldn't be bothered to open his eyes for his profile pic.

Emanuel's profile consisted entirely of the lyrics to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song.

Now I'm thinking of joining just for the entertainment value.

Update: Apparently Match is a ghost town and the other apps are not that bad. I joined another one and am relieved to report a reasonable selection of men. Some out of my league, even. I receive a message from spirited Kamesh asking me how my weekend is going. "I just built a pillow fort with my roommates, so life is pretty great!" he tells me. I reply that I just spent fifteen minutes removing the label adhesive from a jar in order to reuse the jar. No response.

No comments:

Post a Comment